Thursday, October 25, 2012

Blogtoberfest Day 25: the start that wasnt


Today is the beginning of the big challenge I have set myself - to make 60 garments in 60 days.  I didnt say in yesterdays post, that most of these will be for sale in my madeit.com.au  shop.  Anyway, today I have done no sewing.  That is zip, zilch, zero.  Not a stitch. Not a good way to start. I've been house cleaning, grocery shopping, going to the Post Office, cooking and other boorrring things like that.  Guess it all has to get done sometime. But I do have something to show you.  I found the above pattern in a few different sizes in various Etsy stores and I have ordered them.  Most of them are already on their way here (they were shipped today) Such prompt service, yay!  Cant wait til they get here.  Apart from being super cute and summery, this is a good pattern because it has adjustable straps.  It seems to be tricky to get the fit of pants or shorts right because more measurements are needed than just waist and hips - there is the length of the body to consider.  And we all know what happens when there is not enough length in the body - them pants go creepin right up were they ought not go. -- or conversely, when there is too much length.  Anyway, adjustable shoulder straps should fix this little drama.  I'm picturing them made up in a light weight denim with liberty like floral print pockets. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Sigh. I can so relate to this.
    Some days are just like that, aren't they?
    I like to think that getting all the boring logistical domestic stuff out of the way is my way of "making a clearing", almost like detoxing, before embarking on a major project. I usually find that lots of juicy ideas are percolating in the back of my mind while I get all that boring stuff done, so I can hit the ground running when I do actually start!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a task 60 in 60, your much braver than I am, on another note the pattern above is a cutie

    ReplyDelete