Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Blogtoberfest Day 31: October Over and Out




Here it is - the last post for October 2012 and the end of Blogtoberfest for this year.  Big thanks to Kat for hosting it.
My copy of Awe-manac arrived in the mail this week.   I'm going to enjoy it's little prompts for inspiration and fun, especially for journal writing. One of the suggestions for this week was to write a poem where each line begins with letters in order of the word OCTOBER. So just for fun, and without much thought or care, I came up with these three:

Once only ever
Can
There be
One of me so why not
Be the best me I can be
Everyday.
Remember this!

Once the roses
Come into their first bloom of Spring
There will be new dreams.
Ones where
Beauty inspires.
Even when it is
Raining

Once more I
Check the letterbox.
There's no mail yet
On Mondays its really late
But that never stops me
Expecting that the mailman's
Routine just might have changed.

Happy Halloween!  Happy All Saints Eve! 

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous poem. It made me smile. That sounds like a lovely book.

    ReplyDelete