Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Blogtoberfest Day 9: Haikubes





After Kat's post yesterday about a word tool box and Alana's today about sharing a poem I thought of the box of word dice in the Haikubes set sitting in my study.  Perfect time to get them out, I thought.
There are two dice with red printing. These set the direction for the haiku.  The phrase I rolled was 'a dream about my work life'.  It was a bit limiting working with just the words that are showing.  I pictured fabric, cloth, colour, making something beautiful and in no time at all came up with my haiku. No doubt a bit more time and I might have come up with something much more poetic. But hey, this was just a lunch time activity, and time was something I didnt have much of.  It was a bit of fun.  But the image of moving in and out of glorious floaty lengths of beautiful fabrics pleased me and has stayed with me for the rest of the day

glorious tangle
a gorgeous swimming journey
woman touches grace

No comments:

Post a Comment